- Colonial plans to discontinue service on September 30, 2018 and begin decommissioning the line shortly thereafter.
- Decommissioning the pipeline involves a multi-stage process, which includes:
- Purging product from the pipeline
- Filling the line with an inert gas
- During the decommissioning process, landowners should not experience a change in how the pipeline right of way is managed. Following decommissioning, Colonial will continue to monitor and maintain the line, and will communicate with landowners any time access is needed to their property.
- At a later date, Colonial may elect to abandon all or part of Line 25.
Colonial’s pipelines in Virginia.